|

Monday, May 15, 2006

A Magnificent Mothers Day

Yesterday was a very nice day. I got to talk to my own mom (thanks Mom for being such a great role model!) and enjoyed mother's day with family here. At church, we received a tulip for each child that we have, then my kids (and Tim) took me out to lunch at Perkins. After lunch, we headed home to get ready for an evening with more family--Tim's parents and brother and family came over for dinner. Tim was able to spend some time shopping with his mom for a "Blue tooth"--an ear piece that goes with a cellular phone. Since her stroke and more recently with carpal tunnel in her good hand, Tim's mom has a hard time holding the phone for any length of time. The blue tooth should fill the bill quite nicely, at least as far as the mobile phone goes.

I got heart felt wishes, cards, notes and flowers from my kids. Mark grilled hamburgers, hot dogs and brats and I made a chicken cashew salad. Cousin Terry joined us all to make it a very special day all around.

Today the guys are back working on our house. Project: painting Mark's room, hanging a new screen door and putting up boards underneath the deck. Little by little, things around here are taking shape!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com