|

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Two days till graduation!

This morning Mark is going to graduation rehearsal. He and Christina don't have any finals today, so no regular school for them. Tomorrow they take their last finals of the year.

Tim is getting Mark set up as an independent drywall contractor. I think the name of his business is going to be "Dueling Banjos" (the tools that hold the tape and taping mud are called banjos). I guess "The Mark of Excellence" was taken.

Tim's been working every day, but there hasn't been enough work for employees, so he's encouraging everyone to look elsewhere, or he can also help them start up their own business. Construction is really competitive right now with many immigrants working for little pay. As much as I appreciate other cultures and the hard work and good work ethic that many have, it makes it tough for Tim to run a business and pay employees a decent wage plus deal with all the other expenses of payroll, workman's comp, taxes, etc. etc.

Meanwhile I keep looking for something. I'm on monsterjobs.com and careerbuilders.com now. It's funny, but the first job listing that came up was for an office manager for a large Covenant church in the Twin Cities. I might have applied for it, but it is clear on the other side of town.

But I've got plenty to keep me busy in the interim!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com