|

Saturday, July 01, 2006

A Day Away From the Hospital

No pictures of arms or hands today. The bandages are off, replaced by lovely shades of purple where needles vacated their life-giving entry points. I've been slowly trying to get ready for our trip, but haven't yet made much headway.

Last night Tim's cousin Terry stopped by. It was good to see him--he's been so busy on his new landscaping job that we haven't been able to spend much time with him. He'll be staying at our house looking after things while we're away. Tim's dad and Christina's boyfriend Pete will be looking in on Raven during the day.

I'm waiting for my primary doctor to call me back this morning--she wanted me to check in with her before we leave town, and she was off yesterday but is on call today. I'll see her and my gynecologist after I get back from C-stone.

Man, last time I was at Cornerstone with both my sister and brother I was in a bad way too. I had climbed my childhood tree in our old suburban Chicagoland neighborhood, and had fallen out onto our son Luke's friend David (he's a wrestler sort, so he was a good person to catch me). My ankle took the brunt of the fall, and I spent the next two weeks (and all of the Cornerstone festival) on crutches. Now I'm going as a slightly anemic but hopefully not too crabby middle aged woman. Well, our camping neighbor will be bringing his golf cart so I may see if I can bum a few rides to different activities. If not, I'll bring lots of books and rest and play in the camper with our board games. I should also be up to cooking and cleaning in the comfort of the air conditioned hybrid pop-up.

I don't know if I'll get a chance to blog on Monday or not--maybe I can blog at Cornerstone. If not, have a wonderful holiday week and I'll give a report when I get back!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com