|

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Finally responding

I had forgotten that I was tagged over a year ago (I am embarrassed to say) I was tagged by my friend TK at her blog. She had been tagged with the following questions and I will make an attempt to answer them now, one year later! (I remembered the tag when I went to check blogpatrol to see who had been reading my blog. One of the referrers was from TK's post back in 2005!)


1. Do you try to look nice when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?

I am the most laid back at the grocery store, even though it is a place where I most often run into people I haven't seen for awhile (not blog readers, but non-cyber friends). Mostly my family reads my blog, so I don't think I'd be stopped by them at the grocery store (they live out-of-state).

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?

Sometimes they're cropped or I occasionally use hello to snazy them up, but I'm pretty lame when it comes to posting pictures, nevermind altering them. Would like to be better about this.

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you?

Don't have this problem. I'm not as famous as TK.

4. Do you lie in your blog?

No--perhaps I exaggerate and then...

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?

I still don't really get the definition of passive-aggressive.

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?

I write because I'm compelled, not because people want me to write.

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping?

Perhaps my daughter thinks I should be, but currently I'm not.

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?
I don't think I've received mean comments.

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?

I think most of my readers know me. If they don't, I hope they would like me more because they could meet my great husband.

11. Do you have a job?

Yes, I just landed a job (which I didn't have a year ago) at Bethel University. I absolutely love it--it is only part-time but I'm hoping to pick up more hours elsewhere on campus.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to keep a blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?

Now that would be fun.

13. Which blog-keeper do you want to meet in real life?

Rodney Olsen, the Aussie radio announcer on my link to the left.


15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?

I am just who I am--hopefully not too snobby or too whiny.

16. Does your family read your blog?

Well, my first family does (parents, siblings). My husband sometimes reads it but my kids usually don't.

17. How old is your blog?

I've been blogging now for over 3 years (hard to believe!).

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?
No. Sort of.

19. Do you keep another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?
Nope. I'm grateful for my life, although I get discouraged like anybody else, but my husband is a great listener.

20. Have you ever given another blog-keeper money for his/her writing?
No.


21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?

Who earns money from blogging? Sign me up! And yes, if I ever did earn money, I'd report it on my tax return. (I work for my brother-in-law during tax season. He's an accountant.)

22. Is blogging narcissistic?
Depends on the author I suppose. Staring in the mirror for hours is narcissistic, and I suppose my blog is a little like a mirror of my life, but it's just a snapshot, not a full picture.

23. Do you feel guilty when you don’t post for a long time?
Yes.

24. Do you like John Mayer?
Sorry don't know who that is.

25. Do you have enemies?
No, not any human ones, anyway, that I know of!

28. Favorite Blog-keeping tip

Write with an audience in mind--don't just spew anything that comes to mind. Although stream of consciousness writing is sometimes fun and can even be interesting reading. Try not to be intentionally offensive--humor is often the best way to make a point.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am your enemy

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com