|

Friday, October 06, 2006

I survived

I survived the trip back and forth to St. Cloud yesterday with the three volleyball girls. The first challenge was getting them to agree to listening to my radio station (my rule--the driver picks--must prevail). One girl wanted to stop at home to pick up her MP3 player, but since I was driving, my rule eventually won. She did have her CD player and listened to that. Eventually they started talking to each other so I could have my music in relative peace.

But the game was really exciting and close. And for the first time in Calvin Christian High School history (drum roll please), the girls volleyball team won a match! Hurray! To celebrate one of the parents offered to buy the girls ice cream. We ended up at Arby's at 7 pm, and everybody was really hungry. So, he (the parent) bought them all shakes and I got the girls (the ones that rode with me anyway) meals.

I figured that I would miss my Bible study which started at 7 in the Twin Cities. By the time we finished eating and dropped off the first girl it was 8:50 (my study ended at 9). We finally got home around 9:30. Whew.

Today work went well--it was a little quiet as only two faculty were in the office. I had a question for IT about wireless internet in my office, and a few minutes after I placed my call Matt showed up. Matt is our son Luke's age and they were good friends in our former church. Matt's a junior at Bethel and a supervisor already on the IT team. He got word of my report and had to stop to see if it was really me--guess he had somehow missed my picture on the Bethelnet and on the door of Human Resources. It was great to see him. I still have to look up some other students whose parents are good friends of ours.

Now the weekend is here. I'm hoping for good weather--maybe I will finally divide my irises. Does anyone know how to do this--I think you have to divide the bulb or root itself to make it work. I think my sister Cheri told me this. Perhaps I'll ask her when I call her BECAUSE TOMORROW IS HER BIRTHDAY! :)

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com