|

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A tale of two jobs

It's great working two jobs on one campus. I have a lot of variety--learning data entry and the workings of the seminary registrar office in one place, and serving college students and faculty in the other.

The only frustration has been e-mail.

IT has been very patient with me, and part of the problem is that I've saved lots of e-mail, so when I have trouble getting up my old e-mail at one computer, it might take a long time to get it back up.

As soon as I get a minute, I'm going to delete a lot of old e-mail. Then I won't be so embarrassed when it takes several minutes for IT to help me open it and wait for all of it to download.

It's probably a lesson for all of life--don't hang on to too much stuff. It only has a way of strangling you in the end, and besides that, if anybody looks in your inbox or your closet, you might be embarrassed.

I think it's time to delete some things around here. Or better yet, forward them to others who could perhaps make use of them.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com