|

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Teenagers out after 11 pm should have cell phones and why I am doing laundry at 2 am

I heard my cell phone ring. "What is going on?" my sleepy mind said to itself. "I know I didn't set my alarm--tomorrow is SATURDAY!

It was my phone ringing. At 12:50 am. This cannot be a good thing.

"Hello?" "Suzi--this is Barney's mom (I'll use fictitious names). Do you know where Barney is?"

Earlier in the day--so early it was on my cell phone during my pre-dawn walk with Raven--I had chatted with Barney's mom and agreed we could pick Barney up from school and he could stay at our house till time for Powerhouse (a Christian youth coffee-type house). I also said we'd be sure he got a ride home that night.

So, I checked with Christina before they left with other friends for Powerhouse around 9 pm. I said, "Make sure to call me by 10 if Barney needs a ride home."

Well, long(er) story short(er), the kids hung around a bit after Powerhouse and then friends started driving kids home all around town. After calling Christina, her friend Fred, and another friend Roscoe, I finally located Barney. I called Barney's mom with a cell phone number so she could reach Barney.

Now, if Barney had a cell phone of his own none of this would have happened.

If Christina would have heard her cell phone when Barney's mother called her to begin with, none of this would have happened.

As it was, I was unable to fall back asleep. But it wasn't all bad news. I did some cleaning up around the house, put in a load of wash and started the dishwasher.

Funny what you can get done at 2 am when the phone wakes you up from what you think is a dead sleep.

All because some teenagers didn't have cell phones.

Till next time,


Suzi

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

swb,
KINDA MAKES ME WISH YOU HAD ONE AT AGE 16 0R 17. HMMM
dod

7:14 PM  
Blogger Suzi said...

Okay, you got me, Dad!
Suzi

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I was reading your blog I was wondering what your dad would think of it.
I remember once or twice way back when. I don't think he worried about cell phones. "Be home by 11" meant BE HOME....not calling on the phone!!
(ps.....It was not my fault though Mr. W !) :)

Rick

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com