|

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekend's over

Well, it's Sunday evening and I can't believe the weekend is already over! I took off on Friday to get ready for my nephew's wife's (Kristi) arrival with six teenage girls in tow for the Revolve tour at the Target center this weekend. I worked on the house all day long, cleaning carpets, moving boxes out of the family room, doing laundry (towels and bedding mostly).

The girls arrived about 4:55 pm. Christina had ordered pizza from Papa John's, where Luke was working. She went to pick up the pizzas and got her brother's discount. I had some pop ready with plates and napkins and some grapes.

Before I knew it, the girls were on their way out and the house was quiet again. I baked some chocolate chip bars which the girls enjoyed when they got back about 10:30. By 11:30 the house was quiet again.

In the morning, I had donuts and cereal out, with grapes and sliced oranges. The girls were very gracious and polite--always a thank you or a thank you so much. By 8:30 they were loading up their gear in the van and on their way back to the conference and home after that.

Quite the whirlwind--but I think they had fun.

I spent the rest of the day resting up--I guess I'm not 30 anymore. My bones and muscles ached from running the Oreck carpet cleaner vacuum and from dragging boxes filled with books into Luke's old bedroom closet.

Today I've been baking--banana bread and more chocolate chip bars. Mark stopped by to rake leaves. I finished reading "Kite Runner" for book club-- a very moving, sad, emotional, incredible story about Afghanistan before and after the Taliban. Powerful.

Tomorrow is back to work, so I think I'll turn in early tonight. Monday is my long day.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com