|

Sunday, November 22, 2009

A fun week


Well, last week we enjoyed the company of my sister Cheri and her grandson Josh. Jon and Kristi, Cheri's son and daughter-in-law, reluctantly left Josh at my house while they traveled to San Diego for a conference.

The picture here is one I stole from Cheri's blog of Josh and our dog Raven. One of Joshy's favorite things to do was stand behind Raven and have his face brushed by Raven's wagging tail. They got along great. (Josh has a cute dog named Chloe at home, but she does not have a bushy tail.)

Speaking of Raven, yesterday I took him to the vet to get his stitches removed. The vet almost cried when she saw how well he was doing. She helped us nurse him to recovery from his dog bite this past summer, guided us through the 2 1/2 months of his "cone-head" humiliation, and helped us treat his wound when it opened up after surgery. Thankfully he didn't need a second surgery, and the vet was very pleased with his outcome. Her own 14 1/2 year old German shepherd mix passed away less than two weeks ago, so she was glad to see our almost 11-year-old doggy.

Since finishing my teaching of ILA (except for posting final grades--getting close to that!), I've been busy getting my teaching portfolio ready for my Post Secondary Teaching Certificate class. I'm almost finished with the Journalism class I've been attending: Critical Issues in Journalism, and enjoyed participating/learning/helping with the seniors in that class as they prepare their final projects and get ready for graduation this spring.

Now we are getting ready for Thanksgiving. Tim's parents and my nephew Daniel (Cheri's youngest--a student here in the Twin Cities) are coming, as well as the three kids. I've bought everything but the turkey--I don't want to get a frozen one, so I'm waiting till tomorrow to pick up a fresh bird.

Should be a great week! In less than three weeks, our Bolivian daughter Carla will come for a month visit! It's been almost 10 years since she lived with us as an exchange student. We are SO excited!

Oh, and other big news--Christina has moved to a property Tim owns in Minneapolis. Tim got her a cute puppy--Rottweiler/German shepherd mix. That dog is only 6 months old, but he is going to be BIG! He's already 45 pounds--almost as heavy as Raven!

Well, hopefully it won't be so long till I blog again. I'm sure I'll have more adventures to report on--after all, my birthday is this Friday!

Till next time,

Suzi




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com