|

Saturday, July 26, 2003

Humidity

We have enjoyed so many nice days this summer here in Minnesota, and now today my friend's son is getting married--outside. The weather forecast predicts chances of thunderstorms, and the air is so thick you can cut it with a knife. The dew point is 69 degrees.

However, the wedding is north of here, so maybe the weather will be cooler and dryer. This couple is brave to plan a wedding outdoors in unpredictable Minnesota--but I think there is a contingency plan for rain. I hope it turns out to be a beautiful day for them--they are the outdoorsy type, so a gorgeous Minnesota summer day would suit them wonderfully.

I remember on our wedding day (we got married indoors) it rained a bit in the morning, but cleared up later (we were married at 2 pm on May 7). A week earlier, we had a snowstorm--my little Pinto got stuck on my way to work, crossing over a highway on my way to work, tying up traffic and trying not to cry. Fortunately, do-gooders helped me get unstuck (at least Pintos are pretty easy to push).

The couple won't have to worry about snow storms today--but storms will undoubtably come into their lives as they do for all of us. I just hope this first day for them can be storm free.

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com