|

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Keeper of the calendar

It seems that mom's are forever the keeper of the calendar. I try to keep the schedules straight for my three kids, plus the exchange student we have 11 months out of the year, but sometimes it's not so easy. My 13-year old daughter is now babysitting quite often, and parents aren't sure if they should confirm appointments with me or her.

She had overnight duty for a birthday party at her cousins (the parents were home overnight) and I had almost forgotten she has a babysitting job this morning. So, mom, the calendar keeper, is also the chauffer and time manager. On days when we oversleep, when on my walk a woman talks to me for 10 minutes about her hornet problem, and Raven (our dog) decides to plop people's yards and roll in their grass which is nicer and greener than ours--I barely have time to write my blog!

Maybe this afternoon will be more relaxing. It sure has helped that my daughter has her own spending money now--but then again, I have to drive her to the mall because it's burning a whole in her pocket!

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com