|

Thursday, August 28, 2003

God's handiwork

I got a cool e -mail from my sister, who lives in the northwoods of Wisconsin. Like me, she walks her dog every morning (at 5:30 am--I am usually later than that!). Yesterday she saw two really cool sights--one was Mars setting in the southwestern sky--a big orange orb, was how she described it.

Then, as they were heading back home, she saw a medium-sized Northwoods bear lumbering down the road (away from them, fortunately.) Way cool.

Even though we live in a metropolitan area, God's handiwork is evident here, too. I went to pick up my son Mark last night about 10 and we drove by a lake. Several people were lined up near the shore--one with a telescope. We pulled over and looked in the southeastern sky for a glimpse of Mars. flickering in the early darkness.

Then, as Mark and I pulled into the driveway, we spotted three animals crossing the apartment driveway next to our house. I thought they were cats, but as the headlights illuminated them, we saw they were raccoons.

Okay, so they're not bears, but not cats either.
I'm keepin' my eyes peeled.

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com