|

Monday, August 04, 2003

Sad events, happy anticipations

This weekend we received word that my uncle, my dad's brother, has died. He had been suffering from brain cancer for many months, and finally is resting in the arms of Jesus. We are saddened by this loss--especially for my aunt and cousins (and their children), and my dad and my mom and my dad's sisters. We pray for comfort for all of them--he was only 67.

And tonight, we welcome our new student into our home. Saying good-byes, saying hellos. We have been madly cleaning and organizing to prepare for her arrival. My husband's Saturday to-do list is only partially complete, but we are pleased with the progress.

And our 15-year-old son called Saturday night--from his youth convention in Tennessee. (His friend had a cell phone with free weekends.) I was so surprised to hear from him, but it was good to talk to him and hear he had arrived safely and had survived a white-water raft ride. We look forward to saying hello to him again on Thursday when we comes home.

We know that we will see my uncle again some day in heaven. Good-byes are always hard, but it helps to know you can say hello again at some point. Reunions here on earth are wonderful, but nothing to compare with that big heavenly hello when we see our loved ones again--and better yet--see our Savior face to face. That won't just be hello--for he is with us in life and death--but he will say, "welcome home."

And then there won't be anymore tears or good-byes.

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com