|

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

I-Day

Today is insulin day--I'm going to the hospital to see a diabetes educator about how to inject myself. I picked up my insulin prescription yesterday along with all the needles--a whole box full of syringes. Tim is going to try to come with me so he can learn all about insulin and what to do if I go hypo sometime (stuff candy bars into my mouth hahaha).

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and my birthday. I am thankful for insulin to help give me more birthdays in my life. I hope I mean that--it is a hard adjustment, to think of this next stage of this disease. But, I really am grateful for medical advances and technology etc. I will press on, knowing others have gone before me, especially my own dad, who always told me, "don't ever do anything hard." (tongue in cheek of course)

It is hard, Daddy, but I'm trying. Thanks for your love and support.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com