|

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Election day

Today is election day. Probably won't be a big turn out here, unfortunately, because school board members are the only ones up for a vote in Robbinsdale. This year there are three school board candidates (out of 7--for 4 positions) that are senior citizens. One is 85, another 76, and the last 79. Just think what those years of experience represent! I know I'm voting for at least two. These seniors also represent people who have time to devote to the issues they care about, and from their bios, they seem to have traditional values and good budget sense--both are are so desperately needed in schools today.

So, I'm going out for the vote. In Minnesota, we don't have to worry about chads, pregnant or other strange punch out ballots. I just have to connect a line with a black pen. Since I can't cut a straight line of gift wrap unless it has a lined pattern on it, this could be a challenge for me.

But I think I can handle it.

So, get out and vote--check websites to find out about local candidates.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com