|

Saturday, December 20, 2003

No job, no cry

Well, I called JJ (my prospective employer) after my appointment yesterday and she told me that she wanted to put me right to work for pay, because they had a mailing they needed to get out that day. But they no longer needed me for computer work, because they had just lost a major client and were doing major cut backs.

I have to say that I felt a sense of relief--because I had a growing apprehension about whether I could do what they required and put in the number of hours they might have needed without jeopardizing time at home. So, it all worked out okay. I got a check for my work yesterday--so that is nice to have right before Christmas. They still may call on me to do things on a freelance/contract labor basis, which would be fine. And in a month I'll be working two days a week at Jeff's (my brother-in-law) office through tax season.

We still aren't sure about money we'll need for next year's tuition for Luke and Christina, but I'm confident something will work out.

Till next time,


Suzi

PS Happy birthday Daddy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com