|

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Dentist, defrosting and dining

I spent most of yesterday morning defrosting the freezer--remembering the last time I had done it was a year ago on the day my mother-in-law went to the hospital with a stroke that kept her at the hospital/rehab for several weeks. I was ready for a break after sweating it out with the freezer--chipping away at ice and bringing pots of boiling water down to try to speed the defrosting process. Just as I was relaxing a bit, the phone rang. It was the dentist. Turns out they had a cancellation and could get Mark in to put in his temporary crown. So, I raced to the grocery store, then as soon as Mark got home from school we rushed to the dentist where they began the two-hour process of rebuilding the tooth and preparing it for the crown. Meanwhile, they had a little portable TV set up in the lobby--turns out that a girl who was missing at the University of Wisconsin/Madison was a patient who had just been in that very office two weeks prior. The girl had been found yesterday afternoon, unharmed, but details of her situation were very sketchy and the abductor still on the loose.

So, we monitored the news for a while, then I turned to my Bible study in between sessions with the dentist on the work he was doing and what needed to be done on this expensive tooth, as well as meeting with the financial person to look at different options for paying for the silly thing (along with other teeth that need attention). I also learned about a $100 plus special electric toothbrush with a timer that would help Mark brush longer and more thouroughly. And of course there is the $10 toothpast we brought home to help flouridate his mouth a bit more and hopefully prevent more decay in his future--he has several "borderline" areas.

I wonder if dentures would be cheaper--although I was told that extraction for one tooth would be about $1000 more than the treatment we are doing to save it.

Maybe I can buy stock in dental offices or instruments.......

Anyway, after this appointment I rushed off to a food taste test to raise money for our boys' high school music/band program. We tasted yummy low-carb yogurt, although I signed a sheet saying I couldn't say too much about it, so I better leave it at that. I brought my BSF study in since I ended up being early (thought traffic would be worse than it was) and talked with a lady about the Bible, Jesus' passion, the movie (which neither of us have seen yet) and about her friend who is involved in BSF. It was a fun conversation.

Now today Tim wants me to bring some tools down that he forgot, and sounds like he might put me to work--with a promise of lunch. Life is so exciting--each day holds something new. Can't wait for work at the tax office tomorrow........

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com