|

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

A dogless walk

Yesterday I took Raven over to our friends' house, where he will stay while we travel to Cornerstone. We weren't exactly sure what time we'd be leaving, so I thought I'd drop Raven off early, and then if they had any questions or problems they could give us a call. My friend Kelly did call last night, just wondering if she should take Raven out again, about how much water he usually drinks, and she assured me they were having a good time with him and he was well-behaved. This morning I walked alone. In a way, it was nice--I encountered two walkers with dogs, and feel I didn't have to avoid them or at least constrain Raven. I could walk at a fairly good pace without beinb interrupted. I wasn't in constant search of the next garbage receptacle.

But I misses his companionship. There was no one to talk to! Except........

Yes, the Lord. I am reminded of his presence always, and especially on walks when I can observe the beauty of his creation. Today I got a glimpse of things other than Raven, and though I missed my canine companion, it was good.

Soon we'll be together again, Rave.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com