|

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Old home day

Yesterday was a day to see old friends. I didn't plan on it when I got out of bed, but that's just how it worked.

As Raven and I came home from our walk, I met the health professional at the elementary school across the street (nurse assistant), Christy. She was parked at the church behind our house, since the school has a small parking lot and it was election day. She stopped and asked how the kids were doing--she had seen us through everything from ear infections to lice infestation (ugh, I hate to recall that!). She's a sweet Christian woman, so it was so nice to catch up with her.

Later in the morning, I hear the doorbell ring. Thinking it was the postman, I was surprised to see my old friend Joy, who had just been at the said elementary school to vote. Joy has a son the same age as Luke, and she'd been homeschooling her two children (her daughter is a year older) through their high school years. We met when both our boys were in elementary school together, and we were part of a Moms in Touch prayer group. She's been our bird sitter every summer as we leave for our camping trip to Cornerstone, until Iago died last summer. Anyway, it was fun to see her and sit over a glass of water (we're not coffee drinkers). I hadn't planned on voting, and was feeling a little guilty about it, because I didn't know enough about the judges who were in the primary. So, I asked Joy, who has similar political persuasions, and then I trotted off to city hall to do my civic duty. Then I persuaded my husband to do the same, and our candidate got enough votes to be on the ballot in November!

After voting, I headed up to Schmidtt's Music to buy some reeds for my son's alto saxophone. Who should I see as I was leaving, but my BSF teacher from last year! It was fun to hear about her life and summer, even though I had been looking forward to seeing her the next day (which is today). We had more time to talk in that environment, and today will be rather hectic since we're going to a new location and starting a new year.

Well, I better get ready for BSF. I'm sitting here soaking because it's raining out today, and Raven wasn't real happy about it, so we had a rather abbreviated walk. Off to shower and then Bible study--hope I don't get lost or caught in rain traffic!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com