|

Friday, September 17, 2004

Quite a day

Yesterday I was home, doing household stuff, when my cell phone rang. It was our friend Dale, who was requesting immediate assistance. His wife Bobie was at home and had just called the paramedics. She had a sudden severe headache and wasn't able to do much more than call 9-1-1. They also have a three-year-old daughter that needed caring for. Hence, the phone call to me.

I hurried about and got over to the house after the ambulance had arrived. It was a rather calm scene for such an emergency, and I asked the paramedics how things were. Her vital signs were good, and Bobie even walked out to the ambulance with some assistance. Katie, their 3-year-old, had gone into her room when Mommy wasn't feeling well, and thankfully was asleep in her bed.

After the ambulance left, I waited for Dale to come home. He showed me a few things for Katie, and I decided to take her home with me when she woke up. She got up before Dale left, and he invited her to go with me to my house. She seemed very excited about this.

Katie and I went to my house, and she watched Cinderella after Mark showed me how to work the VCR (it was much easier to operate when my kids were little!). Katie was wearing a Cinderella gown that her mom had purchased for her that morning for her Halloween costume.

Around dinner time, Katie's grandma came and picked Katie up. About an hour after that, we got a call that everything was fine--Bobie had a CAT scan and lumbar puncture (I think that is the right word), and there was no bleeding in the brain or other problems they could fine. So we picked up Bobie and Dale from the hospital (Dale had been dropped off by a friend from work) to take them home. It may have been a migraine, which Bobie has never experienced before (and hopefully won't again!).

Today, I'm sure, will be a less eventful day. Tim is hoping to come home to a spotless house, with nothing on horizontal surfaces. It's a goal for me, anyway....

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com