|

Thursday, October 14, 2004

The cowardly lion can still frighten

Raven and I walked today through the carpet of leaves that has fallen the last couple of days. I don't know if the trees have peaked here or not--I'm always sorry they fall so quickly to the ground--I'd love to enjoy their spectacular colors for weeks and weeks. It reminds me of the beautiful spring apple and cherry blossoms on the trees--these are only present for a week or maybe two. Then the spring rains come and they fall to the ground.

As we came near the end of our walk, we passed a yard where Raven has been intimidated by a black lab puppy and a bold, back-arching, hissing cat. So, I wasn't too surprised when he started barking at something in the yard.

Well, it wasn't a cat, dog, rabbit or squirrel. It wasn't even a falling leaf that sometimes spooks my German shepherd mix dog. It was a lion. A plastic, yellow lion on wheels--left outside by a toddler who abandoned it there. It wasn't even fearsome looking, but to Raven, it must have been ..........I don't know. Maybe he realized it was harmless and was just barking his usual hello. I'll have to see what he does next time we pass by, if his lion friend is still in the yard.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com