|

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Visit to the dentist

I had my teeth cleaned this morning, so even though I'm a bit hungry, I hate to take that first bite and ruin that smooth clean feeling that comes with that scraping and polishing.

I haven't had a cavity in awhile, but I wondered if something was amiss when I experienced some discomfort on my #3 tooth (I just learned that today--it's a top right molar). It has a filling, and I guess it's cracked. Hopefully it's not too bad--if it is, we are looking at a crown. (Can you say, how deep are your pockets?) If not, I'll just get a filling.

However, I did have another new cavity--in a tooth that has been cavity free for 40 some years or whenever the permanent teeth came in. It isn't very big, but since it's right in front of a molar, it is rather visible, being on the bottom (I'm sorry, I don't know the number of this tooth.) . But I think I will splurge (don't tell Tim!) and get a tooth colored filling. Besides the appearance factor, tooth colored fillings don't take up as much space as I understand it. Anyway, it sounded better.

Mark had some fillings filled today, but I guess he has three more to go. At least he doesn't need another root canal. I did schedule him next week for a tooth cleaning, because in all of the hoopla of his root canal a few months ago, we never checked into getting his teeth cleaned, which has been four years in the waiting.

Luke and Christina are also due for a cleaning. They are on hold for now, at least until Tim reads this and I'll see if he's still conscious.

Anybody out there who likes teeth, you should go into dentistry. I think you can have your mortgage paid off in a couple of years and be set for life.

Till next time,


Suzi

2 Comments:

Blogger TKls2myhrt said...

Suzi,

I don't think you should worry. Tim surely doesn't want a wife with a gold, silver or black front tooth!

Theresa

10:26 AM  
Blogger Suzi said...

Now that's a scary thought! Right in time for Halloween, too! :)

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com