|

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

My doctor, my friend

It seems as I get older I meet a lot more people with something-ologist or at least -ist at the end of their job titles. Yesterday was the cardiologist. Tomorrow will be the dentist, who hopefully will not send me to the endodontist (I don't think there is a toothologist, although there is an orthodontist. Still no ologist that I can think of in the dental industry.) I will also visit the gynecologist and next month see my endocronologist. At some point I'll go back to my regular doctor, but not before I see a radiologist (or someone in a related field for a mammography).

Yesterday, my heart exam went very well. My heart rate got up to 160 (they want at least 140) on the treadmill, and the heart looked good on the screen. (I have to say, I kept looking for a baby there, since my last ultrasound was when I was pregnant with Mark!) These two young ladies who very capably assisted me with the testing (one put electrodes all over me and monitored me on the treadmill, the other did the echocardiogram) looked like they were just out of high school. I almost asked them how old they were, but didn't want to offend them. They must have been very capable, though, the doctor was pleased with their work and they were very good to me.

I think I have lived long enough to have an "ologist" title at the end of my job description. How about "momologist" or "wife-ologist"? Homemaker-ologist? Friend-ologist? Cookologist? Writerologist?

I know--I have the perfect title: blogologist. It fits. It sounds good, and even mysterious for those outside the realms of cyberspace. I like it.

Till next time,


Suzi, blogologist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com