|

Saturday, November 20, 2004

A happy medium?

As I mentioned yesterday, we are having some electrical work done so we can have higher amperage in the garage and also having some piping run for heat in the garage. Our stove was moved out into the middle of the kitchen so we could have access to the outlet behind it, which is on the other side of the garage wall.

Anyway, as I looked at the floor behind the stove (how often does anyone clean behind there?) I decided to tackle the mess, even though I knew it would be covered up again. In the process, I cleaned the stove top, scoured the burners and their covers, and generally shined the oven and the broiler drawer.

Now I think I need to find a happy medium, between ignoring the kitchen and going over every crack with a toothpick (it was kind of fun to see the gunk come up as I pushed a toothpick through various crevices.) I also swept and cleaned the floor and cleaned all the items (salt and pepper shakers, etc) we keep on the stove top.

Perhaps some day I can discover that reasonable place between obsession and neglect. For now (the next few minutes, anyway), I'm going to enjoy my shiny kitchen.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com