|

Monday, November 15, 2004

To and fro

This morning my "routine" was changed by the discovery that Mark was sick. He's been running all weekend, getting up early Saturday for work and Sunday for church. We discovered late Sunday that he had lots of homework yet to be done, but wanted him to attend at Teen Challenge service with us. The service was great, and we heard many testimonies from people who had been at the brink of death with their drug addiction before they were sent to or found this one year Christian rehabilitation program.

After the service, Mark started in on his homework and completed it at a late hour. When I went down to wake him at 6 am so he could make it to jazz band, he was in bed with an upset stomach and headache.

Tim said he would take Christina to school (she usually rides with Mark), but when I found out he was working on the other end of town, I volunteered. I had to move fast--making Tim's lunch, giving Raven an abbreviated walk, then racing out the door with Christina. I got home, hit the shower, started to blog when the phone rang. During my conversation with my mother-in-law, Tim called and said a fax he had sent from home hadn't worked, so when I got off the phone, I resent the fax.

I hurried out to the car to my appointment, to discover to my delight a neighbor walking by I hadn't seen in a few months, who had been in poor health, but was now feeling great. We chatted for awhile, I got to my appointment, waited and waited, then saw my endocronogist. He said my A1c number was pretty good--7.1, down from 7.3 at last visit's reading. We talked again about the insulin pump, which I am still considering. I got out of the parking ramp at exactly one hour so I only had to pay $2 for the parking fee.

At home, I grabbed Raven for our real walk. A neighbor drove by and honked and waved. A few more people seemed to be out and about than they are before 8 or 9 am. (It was about 10:30). Rave and I came home to find Mark in the kitchen, better, but not 100%. I started to blog and then answered the door to discover my birthday present from my parents, which had arrived early (my birthday is Nov. 27). Now I am finishing this blog and it is not yet noon.

Flexibility is the name of the game in this house. I like that. As long as things don't get too crazy.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com