|

Friday, November 12, 2004

Getting rid of STUFF

This morning I was very happy to wake up and look out the front door. There, where last night I had piled bags and boxes of old newspapers, papers, cardboard and the like, were my empty recycling bins. Stuff that had been saved for years was now on its way to another use.

The leaves are still piled up by the curb, but they are in their bags awaiting pick up as well. Our garbage can is full. The only disappointment is that the thrift store people didn't pick up what I had left out on the front porch the other day (I found out later that they only collect it if it is out on the curb. This is not the policy of other thrift store people. Oh well.)

It always helps me if I have something important I'm searching for in my quest to get rid of stuff. This week it was my graduation cap, for my mother-in-law to wear to her stroke class graduation. Alas, I didn't find it, but she was able to borrow a red celebration hat from a friend and I was able to get two closets decluttered--even though they still need work. By the way, my MIL won second place for her red hat, so I guess she was better off after all. My new quest is to find the March statement for Tim's business checking account. Who knows the myriad of things that will be unearthed and tossed in during that endeavor?

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

You go Girl! I'm proud of you!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com