|

Saturday, November 06, 2004

New adventures

Raven and I have been daring the last couple of days. We have three routes which we follow and rarely deviate from, unless the weather is just awful and then we may shorten the route. One day we go around Sanborn Park, one day we walk down to the flagpole where the WWI memorial is, the other day we walk down the parkway.

The last couple of days we have ventured down to a new blacktopped walk/bike path by the highway where construction is almost completed. The only problem is that Raven wanted to consume the things the geese had left behind. One amazing sight was, however, approaching a flock of geese and watching them all soar into the air as Raven approached. Raven looked for fresh leavings, but I dragged him from the site.

Another adventure I am undertaking is Thanksgiving dinner. We have always gone to Tim's parents, or one of his brothers' homes, but this year I decided to have it myself. Everyone was invited on Thanksgiving day, but as it turns out, everyone is planning to be elsewhere. So, I am doing a trial turkey day on Thanksgiving, and having Tim's family here for a second Thanksgiving on the Sunday following.

I might be crazy, but Christina said she would help me, so I took that as an encouraging sign. Any recipes for gravy, stuffing, suggestions for cooking the bird or potatoes will be welcome. Prayers are appreciated also. And after dinner, Raven and I might be exploring more paths to work off all that food.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com