|

Friday, November 26, 2004

One down, one to go...

Well, our trial Thanksgiving went very well. The potatoes were a little thin and the gravy a little thick, and the stuffing and potatoes weren't heated quite as soon as the other food was ready, but for a first Thanksgiving meal on our own, we did very well.

Mark pretty much did the pumpkin pie on his own. I directed him a bit and made the crust, but he combined the ingredients and poured them into the crust. His pie was great, as was the apple pie that he and Christina helped me with (mostly slicing apples).

The turkey was just terrific, thanks for my sister-in-law's sister Krissy's recipe (secret--cook the bird breast down till the last half hour. ) I also have to credit my mother-in-law for giving me her electric roasting pan--it freed up the oven for other things and kept the turkey nice and juicy. My MIL also gave me her stuffing recipe--very yummy!

Now I need to do it all over again for Sunday. This time I'll have some help--my MIL is bringing her famous sweet potatoes and my sister-in-laws will be bringing side dishes or dessert. Tomorrow is my birthday, so I hope I can get all the grocery shopping done today as well as a good part of the cleaning and maybe even some food prep.

Ready for round two!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com