|

Monday, November 08, 2004

Remembering Phil

My husband and I have been trying to follow my sister's example and weed out some stuff that's been accumulating in our house/garage/vehicles. She has been going through a myriad of boxes that her mother-in-law left behind (she passed away a few weeks ago). As I was going through some papers, I found a treasure, written by a friend who has since gone to be with Jesus. He wrote this several years ago, but less than 10 years ago I'm sure. It was for our three children, Luke, Mark and Christina. His handwritten note said:

I sing in the choir and we have accepted the challenge of praying for the children in our church. Doesn't it make you feel good knowing someone is always praying for you? (Besides your mom and dad). I'm praying you will stay healthy and avoid accidents. I'm praying that the friends you make will be real good ones and will be a good influence on you. I'm praying that every day you will obey God's laws and show respect to your mom and dad and superiors. I'm praying that you will grow up to be fine Christian citizens and will make good husbands and (a) wife some day. Remember God loves you! So do I! --Phil

As my children are now teenagers, I appreciate the prayers sent heavenward many years ago even more now. I know that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are always interceding for my family--for all of us--all the time. But I like the picture of Phil standing by Jesus' side, still asking God to care for and guide our children.

This is one note I will keep.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com