|

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Back in drywall--for now

As tax time comes ever nearer, I am getting my last (?) exposure to playing in drywall mud with my husband. For the past few days, I've been walking over to the next block to help Tim put corner beads on and by spotting the screws--I've first and second coated them, and today I'm to third coat them.

Luke is helping Tim today, too (yesterday he was at a job for Tim's brother), so hopefully we can wrap things up on this house. It's been nice to have Tim and the boys close to home, and to be able to walk over and help them. For in just a couple of weeks, I'll be driving 30-40 minutes one way to the tax office, to sit at a desk to answer questions of anxious tax payers. My job will be to sooth their nerves all the while keeping Jeff (my brother-in-law, the tax accountant) free from too many questions so he can get their tax returns completed without constant interruptions.

Hmmmmmmm--doing tiring physical labor on stilts and getting drywall mud in my hair and under my nails orrrrrrrrrrrrrr answering phones and playing guard to the Tax Master. Which do I prefer?

Variety is the spice of life. I'm glad mine is never boring.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com