|

Friday, January 07, 2005

Modern marvels malfunction

Tim got me an I-pod for Christmas. He put lots and lots of songs on it for me. I love it, and today, I decided I would take it on my walk with Raven. I carefully put it in my zippered pocket, put on the headphones (the earplugs that came with it are lost somewhere) and started out with the dog.

I enjoyed many minutes of Rich Mullins and tunes from "Here in America." But, about 5 minutes from home, the I-pod quit. I made sure it was still in my pocket (it was). The headphones had become a bit uncomfortable under may hood and hat, so I adjusted them. Still nothing. Looking at the I-pod, I could see that it read that the battery needed charging.

So, I got home, and tried to find the plug-in. It took some doing, but I located it. But, the plug was too big to fit into the dealy. ( I don't know the technical word for these things.) Anyway, I couldn't get it to charge, so I tried revving it up again (if you can "rev" up something like an I-pod). To my surprise, tunes came forth (after I got the headphones back on). I think that I-pods do not like Minnesota winters, and after being out in temperatures in the teens for 30 minutes, Rich could not continue singing in my ears any longer.

So, I am going to try to find some earplugs to use to make listening more comfortable while walking, and I will borrow Tim's or Mark's charger. And maybe I'll carry my I-pod inside my mitten so it will stay nice and warm.

Stay tuned. (haha)

Till next time,


Suzi

By the way, merry orthodox Christmas--especially to Inga!

PS I'm writing this addendum a day after the initial post. I have just discovered that there are two cords included in the I-pod box. My son Mark was using one of them to download stuff from the computer to his I-pod. This cord is the one I was supposed to be using to charge the I-pod. It has the versatile use of also being able to be used in the computer (although it doesn't work in all computers.) So, the problem was with me (of course) and not with Apple or cord manufacturers. I guess I-pod does not stand for Idiot proof, or at least non-techie proof. But hey, I've never claimed to be a techie. I just like to blog and listen to tunes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com