|

Friday, January 14, 2005

Not so bad

Raven and I went on our normal walk this morning in the subzero weather. It really wasn't as bad as I feared--but I was prepared.

Two layers of pants, plus snow pants, a t-shirt, and sweatshirt besides my winter jacket. I stuffed my cell phone into a sock and into my sweatshirt zipper pocket. I wrapped the iPod in a hotpad and put it in my other zipper pocket. I placed my hat/scarf ensemble on my head and carefully wound the scarf around my neck. Then, I pulled my hood up and tied it (after zipping up my jacket of course). I put on a pair of gloves and covered them with mittens. Raven seemed okay to just have a leash.

I actually got a little warm as we walked along. I had put my contacts in (usually I wear my glasses) so I didn't have to deal with fogged up lenses. Raven limped along a few times as the sand and salt in the roads bother his paws. But we made it the whole way, and I eagerly peeled off layers as we got indoors.

January's not so bad after all. Bring on the cold! We can always put on more layers. It's in July that we suffer through heat and humidity--only so many layers can come off at that time.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com