|

Monday, May 02, 2005

Blustery days

When Raven and I went out walking yesterday, it began to sleet. Little white pellets accumulated on Raven's black back--reminding me of those little decorative balls that people use to decorate cupcakes. Before long, his back was covered in white, and it seemed more like February or March than May 1.

On our honeymoon, in early May, 1983, we traveled to the Black Hills, South Dakota. On May 9 the weather in Rapid City was warm and almost 80 degrees. On May 10, as we awoke in Custer State Park, we looked outside to see not only buffalo wandering nearby, but snow covering everything--about 2 inches of it.

I know that snow and sleet's days are numbered--the grass isn't turning back to brown and the leaves are still green on the trees. I will not get my winter boots out, and we haven't turned the heat back on yet. But I'm still drinking hot tea or hot chocolate and wearing my winter coat.

We should be sipping lemonade and iced tea and wearing tee shirts and shorts again very soon.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com