|

Thursday, April 28, 2005

A speed bump on my tooth

Today I went to the dentist. This was a good thing. I had scheduled a six-month check-up, and things went pretty well--tartar build up, but not so much bleeding. In the past I've put off the dentist visits and usually with not such good consequences.

The lady cleaning my teeth found a troublesome spot, but after an x-ray and the dentist's final look-over, it was determined to be nothing serious--for now. My dentist described it as a sort of "speed bump" on my tooth. They couldn't knock anything loose from the area between the two molars, but the x-ray didn't seem to indicate any decay. It was probably just part of the tooth's anatomy that hadn't been noticed before--a little blip on a normally smooth surface area.

Seems like life has its share of speed bumps. Little or big jolts that startle us or jostle us--maybe only temporarily. We may be sailing along on the road of life when we hit something unexpected. Sometimes it may even cause something to jar loose or even give us pain or detour us.

But God looks at us with his loving x-ray vision, and keeps us goin' on down the road. I will try to keep my hands off the steering wheel and let him drive--because he can maneuver the pits and bumps on the highway to heaven a lot better than I can.

So I'll try not to worry about the speed bumps--whether they're on a tooth, with my family, or in other circumstances. I'm ready for the road trip--I'll be the co-pilot letting God control the destiny. It's a fun ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com