|

Friday, April 29, 2005

Another dog chase

I have either got to start walking earlier in the day or come up with a new plan. Today as Raven and I were walking, a yellow lab dashed out of his yard, away from his owner, to come after me and Raven. After being spooked by a barking snarling dog two days ago, I thought I would just take Raven and run this time, figuring the dog would leave us alone after a few yards. But the dog kept up pursuit, and I found out how I'm terribly out of shape, at least when it comes to sprinting! I vaguely heard the owner calling the dog, but he didn't seem to heed this voice.

Finally the lab got bored and went to sniff somebody's lawn. I pulled Raven away, still moving at a pretty good clip. We weren't far from home, so I was grateful for that. I think on the next walk, I will bring along lots of doggie treats and fling them as far as I can. I told this to Tim, and he said that I will get a reputation among the dogs in the neighborhood.

Am I really longing for the return of quiet, cold days when Raven and I were the only ones crazy enough to be out in the ice and snow? I think I'll give the treats a try.......they work for mailmen, so maybe they'd work for me, too.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com