|

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Bringing color to our doorstep

Yesterday I picked up some flowers I had ordered through our local AFS chapter. Every year we get impatiens in hanging baskets--and they always survive the summer in spite of my lack of gardening skills. We enjoy the color that they bring to our gray-colored home.

Already birds are flocking to the flowers. I'm not sure what kind they are--they are little birds--red and gray--I'm guessing the red is the male and the gray the female. Tim thought they were hummingbirds at first, because he could just see their wings as they hovered over the flowers. They may be chickadees or finches--but I'm not sure. I should try to do more research on our local birds and find out exactly what winged creatures are out there.

Meanwhile, I can identify the flying fiend (not friend) at the back of our house. I don't even have to see him to know that a woodpecker is again pounding at our siding--back to the task he left last fall. It doesn't appear there's severe damage, but I suppose we should check it out at some point.

But for today, I will enjoy the front yard birds and flowers with the wonderful sights, sounds and scents they bring.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com