|

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Back to drywall land

Tim's working on a big house now--major renovation and lots of new sheetrock. Going to this house is almost like going to a new construction site--the rooms are open and not full of household items, and the smell of fresh sheetrock and drywall mud is in the air.

Since this house is so big and the homeowners are anxious to move back in, Tim has asked for my help. Yesterday I donned stilts again for the first time in several months. Luke helped steady me as I jumped up and strapped them on, but once I got up I was able to get around pretty well. I've got a bit of a stiff neck from spotting the ceiling screws with taping mud, but not too bad. Today I'm going back for more fun. The ceiling is going to be smooth, so it will need three coats of mud, instead of the usual one. The walls need to be second and third coated as well--I finished 1st coating a lot of the house yesterday.

I did manage to get the freezer defrosted after work yesterday, too. I figured we are looking at our last days near the freezing temperature--so I could store the frozen food on the back porch while I worked on getting the ice build-up off the freezer shelves.

Now I just need to catch up on paper work and clean out the refrigerator--it really is true that a woman's work is never done......... Sigh.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com