|

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I'm losing it

Today I left the office at my usual time, 4 pm. I hurried off to the grocery store, knowing we'd need stuff for supper and to make lunches tomorrow morning. I grabbed a three-pack of Puff's tissues so we'd have something for allergies/runny noses.

When I got out to the car after my shopping excursion, I looked at the tissues in the bottom rack of the cart. Rats, I thought--I must have forgotten to pay for them. I went back into the store and went to the self-pay aisle. I rung up the tissues by passing the code thing over the scanner and inserted my credit card.

When I got home, I thought I'd check the receipt just to be positive I hadn't paid twice. Sure enough, both receipts showed Puffs purchases. Sigh.

To make matters worse, as I scurried about the kitchen heating up left-over ham and microwaving corn on the cob in their husks (tasty and quick, but hot hot hot), I noticed that Tim had put up a corded phone where our cordless one had been. Now, I understand his frustration at not having the phone in the kitchen when you need it (Christina likes to keep the cordless in her room.) But I can't function throughout the day/evening without using the cordless phone.

Poor Tim, I begged him to put back the phone while I burned my fingers on corn husks, stuffed groceries in various cupboard and refrigerator shelves, and chided myself for my repeated purchase.

But when we sat down, I took a deep breath. We thanked God for our food, for Tim's cousin Terry who was able to join us for dinner, and for the promise of a relaxing evening ahead of us.

I may be losing it, but I'm not lost. Every day, through my worries and scurries, God calls me back to himself--to my true home. He has found me and he will keep me there. I just need to revel in his safety and forget the minor trials of this life.

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalms 37: 7, 8 and 9. "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men suceed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes, Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil For evil men will be cut off but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land."
And don`t fret at your father who thinks your A1c should be less than 7.0 (Hallucinations 19:57)

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com