|

Monday, August 15, 2005

Summer's almost ended

Here it is, the middle of August already. We've only been camping once this summer, but we've packed a lot of other things in. For Tim, it has mostly been work. For me, it has also been work, and also a trip to Illinois with Christina. Today I booked a flight to Chicago for September 11-13 for some training for my job. When I told someone about the day I was planning to travel, she simply replied--"That will probably be the safest day to travel." I'm sure she's right.

We planned Mark's big trip to Moldova, and now he is safely home. We've attended weddings and graduation open houses and reunions with old friends. We've endured heat and humidity, and now we're enjoying cooler days with the promise of autumn.

School will start soon--the last year for Mark, and the second year of high school for Christina. I don't know where the time goes, but I'm glad for changing seasons. It gives me pause to reflect over the goodness of the past years and look forward to what's next.

And, it will be nice for the kids to be back in the routine of school. On my days off, I'll enjoy the satisfaction of having a day at home once the hectic early morning is over.

Maybe I'll get a nap or two in.......

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com