|

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A single leaf

Today as Raven and I walked, I noticed a couple of things. Okay, maybe three things. It has been cooler lately (not too unbearably hot and humid). It has been darker later in the morning. And, today, I picked up a single reddish leaf that had fallen from a tree. (Actually I saw more than one fallen leaf--not a lot--but I only kept one as a souvenir.)

Fall is coming! The state fair is coming! School days are coming!

Raven is suffering miserably this month with allergies. His stomach seems to be getting better, but it was a little upset this morning. I think it was almost October before he stopped itching so much last year. This morning I woke up with gunk all around my eyes--I must be having sympathy allergies.

Hot days can still be ahead of us--August is barely half over, after all. And my dad says Minnesota has two seasons--winter and August.

I think we've already had August, so maybe we can move along in our advent toward winter. I'm ready to put on my sweaters and drink sugar-free hot chocolate! Come forth, fall colors! Come, first frost, bringing allergy relief with you!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com