|

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Will they make their own supper?

Today when I got home from work I thought I would try an experiment. I had supper in the crockpot, plus things ready to heat up so we could eat before Tim had to take his cousin Terry to the bus stop. Tim and Terry were sitting in the living room, so I thought I would join them. I even announced that I thought they could get supper on the table so I could sit down for a minute.

No one moved. They kept chatting amicably, including me in their conversation, not showing any signs of concern that Terry might miss his bus if no one got supper ready.

Finally I got up and set the table. Everyone came and sat down, and as they were chomping away (after the prayer, of course), I spent my two to three minutes taking my blood sugar and preparing my insulin dose.

Ah well, I shouldn't really complain too much. With the kids gone so much of the time in the evening, it is really kind of nice to have someone who will sit down and enjoy a meal I've prepared--or at least heated and served. But don't tell Tim or Terry. I'm hoping tomorrow they will take the initiative and set the table themselves. Wish me luck! (or a miracle?)

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Good Luck!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com