|

Friday, September 09, 2005

Delivering sheet rock

Well, my plans for yesterday at home all changed with one phone call. Tim, who was at the first of four planned jobs for the day, needed sheetrock delivered ASAP to a house where his friend Ed the rocker was in need of six more sheets. Since we still have Tim's Tundra pick-up, and technically I was available, I was willingly (?) pressed into service.

A trip to Home Depot got me what I wanted. I helped a rather small man put six sheets on a rolling thing, then he helped me toward the check out. A man with a load of lumber tried to juxtaposition himself behind/beside me in line. Meanwhile, a Home Depot employee came blaring by with his forklift. We tried as best as we could to clear the way--there was also a man in front of me with a long roll of carpet who was having a discussion with the cashier about a problem with his purchase.

Finally I paid and one man was found to help me load up the Tundra. He found another guy, and they loaded the six sheets into the truck. I was on my way.

I was a little worried about finding the house, and Tim didn't have exact street names for me, but did finally call with an address. (I had, first right turn, second left turn, bear right as you come to two Y's--see the house with the builder's sign out front.) Luckily Ed was outside when I arrived. He directed me to a parking spot and immediately, singlehandedly, started unloading the sheetrock, lifting each sheet easily over his head.

The hard part was over. I thanked Ed, he thanked me, and I thanked God that the rain from early morning had stopped. I rewarded myself with a trip to Taco Bell and a stop at the grocery store. Mission accomplished.

The stuff I had planned to do is still waiting for me today. Wonder how I can plan to be sidetracked...

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com