|

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Quiet in the house

Today I'm home from work. I took Christina off to school, Mark is traveling with his grandparents to a car show, and Tim is at work.

There's a musty smell in our house--due to a plumbing leak (now fixed) that resulted in water collecting in the ceiling of Mark's bedroom. We're working to dry things out with fans and open windows, and I'm planning to get the dehumidifier down there.

The musty smell is a reminder for me to pray for those dealing with so much worse than a little inconvenience of a damaged ceiling. The folks in Katrina's path face the unknown--including possible sickness, homelessness, and being separated from friends and family.

I'm grateful for my dry house and thankful for even the opportunity to turn on a working stove, have running water and indoor plumbing, and the ability to walk outside on dry sidewalks and streets. My heart goes out to those in the south who at this moment have none of those things.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com