|

Friday, November 18, 2005

Sad news and happy news

Please pray for my friend Kelly--we found out that her mom died yesterday in a house fire just a few miles from us. Kelly and Paul are in the process of moving from this area to Wisconsin. Fortunately their own house closing here was moved back a week--there were supposed to close right before Thanksgiving.

At the same time, we have had lots of good news in the past 24 hours. First, my lab results were given to me at the doc's office this morning, and my triglycerides are down and my good cholesterol numbers are up, which my doctor said is huge! My A1c is 7.1, same as last time, which is also good (not as good as my daddy's, but still good ;) )

Other good (or scary??) news, is that our daughter Christina passed her permit test. She got 100 percent! She was very happy, since she missed passing by a couple of questions on her first try. She has already driven with me and with Tim, and she is doing very well (after she adjusts all the mirrors and her seat, and even discarded the head rest because "it was blocking my blind spot!" ??)

And, best of all, our friends Dale and Beckie are engaged! Dale accompanied us to Cornerstone music festival last summer and we camped next to Beckie's group. Beckie and Dale hit it off during the few days we were down there, and Beckie has been up from Oklahoma getting to know Dale better since August. She called me last night to see if I could help her shop for a "special dress" and finally revealed that it is HER WEDDING DRESS!!!

The blessings in life always seem so much more wonderful after trials. I'm very grateful to God for his goodness, and I'm hoping I can enjoy the good times even when they're not followed by tragedy.

Till next time,


Suzi

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave King said...

Fantastic news! So will they honeymoon at cstone?

Let Dale know I'm excited for him!

- Peace

10:13 PM  
Blogger Suzi said...

I'll pass the news along! Don't know about the Cornerstone honeymoon--I'll have to ask them! ;)
SUzi

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com