|

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Probably no time to post on Monday...

I'll give a shot at a Sunday night post since I don't know if I'll be able to post tomorrow. It will be my last Monday to work--after the new year I'm going to a Wed-Fri schedule. So, this way I can ease into the week. Yay!

Today we celebrated Christmas with Tim's family. It was pretty low-key--we had pizza and chicken wings. I made my famous (well, some people enjoy it anyway) punch, and Kari also made some spinach dip, a pasta salad and had some veggies.

It was really a nice gathering. I can remember days when we'd spend half an hour packing our van for our two pre-school boys. Thank goodness now they mostly want cash or gift cards and we don't have to spend a lot of time unwrapping stuff. One year I was really depressed when we got home after opening tons of presents--where was I going to put everything? Downsizing is a good thing.

I helped Mark fine-tune his senior paper and actually quizzed Christina on her math and Western Civ class--this week is semester testing for both of them. They'll be done with school Tuesday afternoon, and depending on if we can get our act together, we'll leave Wednesday or Thursday for Tennessee!

We've spent a good chunk of the day working on our Christmas letter. I think we are finally in the printing stages. Hopefully nothing else will go wrong (we've had plenty of frustrations) and we can stuff them and get them in the mail soon.

In the midst of this, it's good to focus on Jesus and remember the reason we celebrate. The stockings, stuff and even snow will all be down or gone soon. It's what's in our hearts that matters--the love of Christ that we can share with others.

And I plan to do just that this week here and there.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com