|

Friday, December 23, 2005

Tennessee travels

Well we made it safely to Tennessee. We didn't get going till after three pm on Thursday (so much for leaving Wednesday evening), but we got the house looking fairly decent and some other loose ends tied up.

We stopped in the Quad Cities (Iowa/Illinois) to spend the night at a Comfort Inn. Tim took a quick swim just before midnight and I finally got to sleep after one am. Christina was a good driver, and the boys were pretty patient following us in the Highlander.

Tim woke up a little after 6 am and we enjoyed a continental breakfast at the hotel, getting packed up, showered, and on the road again around 8 am. Christina drove almost the whole way, and we arrived here about 6:30 pm. Mom is usually in bed by this time, but she and dad stayed up and made us a delicious supper of spaghetti, salad and garlic bread. Yum yum.

Kimmee Sue wasn't too happy to see us, but I'm hoping she'll warm up to us during our stay. She is such a pretty dog--she's grown so much from the days when we first met her as a newborn pup in Minnesota! Maybe she smells Raven on us. BTW, Tim talked to his mom today and Grandpa Nelson has been taking good care of Raven. They all seem to be surviving just fine without us.

I remembered to pack just about anything but my insulin which I'll run out of on Tuesday. Fortunately, there's a 24-hour Walgreens here in Cookeville and when I told them my sob story they agreed to waive the $82 fee for the insulin due to a travel emergency (I had just had the prescription refilled at home before we left.) Also, the Highlander check engine light came on about 45 minutes from our final destination, but I think it just needs an oil change. Good thing some people work on Christmas Eve!

Anyway, the biggest news of all is that MY DAD HAS BEEN STEALTH BLOGGING FOR, NOT DAYS, OR EVEN WEEKS, BUT MONTHS!!!!!!! It took a trip to Tennessee for me to discover this for myself. You can link to his blog by clicking on the comment he left at the bottom of my last post, or simply click here.

Guess he's not so sxxbbxxn after all. And maybe that is a trait you get from your kids, but I think it can be inherited from parents as well. ;)

We are all set to enjoy a wonderful tender Tennessee Christmas! Y'all come on down! (Ooops maybe I should ask Mom and Dad first...)

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com