|

Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's quiet

The next couple of days should be pretty quiet at work. I'll be here alone for the most part--our finance guy/auditor may stop in briefly and of course I get to greet our friendly mailman. The guys (otherwise known as professional staff) are in Chicago all week for the mid-winter conference for Covenant pastors.

I plan to do web work, organize my desk, get started on the Imprints newsletter, and answer the phone. Of course, Monday at the tax office should be pretty busy--the first Monday is February is usually hopping, as people have all their information (or should have) and call to make appointments or ask questions.

I'm debating about whether or not to have the space heater on. I might get a little sleepy if I get too warm. On the other hand, winter is back--or coming back anyway. I guess we'll pay in February for what we got off easy for in January. (Apologies to Lori for too many prepositions in wrong places in that last sentence. She is the family syntax expert.)

Well, I better get to work!

Till next time,


Suzi

Update: Even the postman snubbed me here at the office today! It wasn't Pat, our usual cheery guy. The new guy just put the mail in a box outside our door and took off without even checking to see if we had outgoing mail (which we don't). Well, I guess I can't blame him--our office building looks like (and actually once was a residence) a house. But the large words: NORTHWEST CONFERENCE on the door should be a tip-off.
On a brighter side, Byron called to say he'd like to come see me. Byron is our go-to handy guy, and he is fixing a light that needs a ballast (sp?).
But as I'm typing this a Covenant pastor and missionary came to the door and need a meeting space. This quiet day is turning out to be a party day! Don't feel sorry for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com