|

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Another woo hoo!

I saw the name on caller ID: Bethel University. I had had five interviews for four different positions at Bethel. So far, nothing had panned out. I picked up the phone with more than a little anxiety, but kept my voice calm and pleasant.

It was the Human Resource administrator. Steeling myself for another "we've decided to explore other candidates at this time, but we will keep your resume and application on file for ...." I instead heard, "We'd like to offer you the position of Administrative Assistant for the Department of Anthropology and Sociology."

I was excited and eager to share my news. This is will be a part-time job, so it will still allow me to volunteer at church and possibly Christina's school. I'll be back at my alma mater, and I get a tour of the expanding campus on my first day on the job, next Thursday, August 31.

It was four months ago to the day that I lost my old job. Four months from now is Christmas. I consider this an early present--and not only for me, but for Tim, who is celebrating his birthday today.

Happy birthday honey! He has been my rock and support throughout this whole job search, as well as (of course) throughout our 23 years of married bliss. I'm grateful to have such a wonderful life partner and hope I can return in a small way what he has given to me for over two decades.

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Suzi,
I dont often get a chance to read your blog but what a treat to read some good news at 3:29AM. Congratulations it sounds like a perfect job for you. Hope all is well.
Ann

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com