|

Friday, August 25, 2006

Woo hoo!

Today I went to the doctor--hopefully the last doctor visit for awhile! It was to see my endocronologist for my diabetes check up. Actually we met in the elevator on the way to his office. Fortunately (for conversation purposes, that is) it had stormed the night before so we something to small talk about on the way up the elevator and down the hall.

Then, in his office, I got some good news! My A1c was 5.6! This number measures my blood sugar levels over the past three months--the months that I have been on my insulin pump. My numbers in the past have hovered around 7 or even above (last appointment it was 8.4!). The doctor likes to see it under 7. He was very pleased with my lab numbers. My triglycerides were the lowest I think they've ever been (201--so there is still room for improvement as 149 is the magic number). Another area for improvement is my good cholesterol could have a higher reading. My overall cholesterol reading was 123! (200 is the highest they like to see.)

So I'm definitely on the path to good health. Of course, we never know what may loom on the horizon, but I think I'll savor this good report for awhile.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com