|

Monday, August 28, 2006

Church in the park

Yesterday we had a combined church service in a park with two other churches, followed by a bring-your-own picnic. It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm. After I got home I found that I had a pink v-shaped area on my neck and below to match my pink blouse. Oh well, at least it's not peeling or too painful. I did bring a hat and umbrella, but I lent these to Christina and a friend.

On our walk before church, we had an unusual occurrence. Raven and I were walking along, minding our own business, when all of a sudden I heard someone cry "Hey!" from across the street. I looked up and saw what looked to me like a pit bull dog racing towards us. All of a sudden a car appeared, and I heard that sickening thud of a living being getting hit by moving metal.

The dog, however, merely doubled back and ran back to the yard. The driver circled back to see if the dog was okay. Raven and I watched for awhile, while the dog's owner put his pet in the fenced-in yard and talked briefly to the driver, assuring her that the dog was fine. Feeling like we'd do more harm than good if we stayed, Raven and I continued on our way.

Perhaps nothing would have happened if the dog and Raven met--or maybe that dog would have tried to take a piece out of one of us. I guess I was grateful the dog hadn't completed his journey across the street, but sorry he got hurt.

At any rate, we made it home and to church on time to enjoy testimonies of others, seeing how God is at work in the church parent and daughter churches. It was good to gather with other believers and enjoy the Creator's handiwork on a beautiful Sunday morning.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com